Monday, March 8, 2010

Found Grammar Girl

So, I'm at work and I find Grammar Girl - tips for better writing. I know this is the universe telling me to blog at work and make it work related. It works on both levels. Who doesn't like a little down and dirty grammar action.

I was reading the tips and I think they'll be good for ME and my kids. I need to get more comfortable in my skin regarding grammar and punctuation. Teaching grammar is painful, but trying to teach the rules...next to impossible. Why learn something that I don't use on a regular basis ? My students don't care because everything is cuz, wat up...it's painful. I get it. What teenager doesn't think that way. I am trying to accept the fact that few if any of my students will ever graduate college, but hopefully, they'll appear literate when they apply for a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment