Tuesday, July 26, 2011

How much have I written

I was thinking about my summer writing. Pitiful. Do I give myself a break since I have a 7mo. old at home? Do I let myself slide since my worthless sister in law dropped her 10 yr. old son off for almost a month - who made my life and Bryan's life miserable for most of the time? Do I get to whine that since Bryan broke his arm and we were stuck with the extra kid that I have been whiny - tired - and over all bleh? I still have a few weeks before school starts. I need to go swimming. I want to have some fun. I need to get a break from the baby...that's for sure. I think I need to take Bryan swimming for some alone time with my son. I think I gave up on the writing thing because no matter what ...there's always going to be something I Should be doing and there will never be enough time to spend to write everyday. I guess I have to figure out what is more important live with my priorities. So, I didn't write most days this summer. So what. I got some things done...and a lot of things that I wish I would get off my duff and just do...but I'm going to live with my choices and be happy that I had a summer at all! Now, if I could just take advantage of what's left of it then I'll have something to write about when I have to tackle that "what I did this summer essay". Okay, so I'm not 12 years old - but I need a good story to go back to school with.

So far I have the following;
fantasize about smacking my sister in law
fantasize about flying to the beach for a month sans kids
fantasize about all the things I said I was going to do but didn't this summer

relish the time I went to the hot springs at Mt. Princeton...make plans to do that again NEXT summer. (Make Jackie go with me next year!)

re-read the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows books and re-watch HP DH 1 & 2.

Make plans for NEXT summer - to include but not limited to the following:
sign Bryan up for guitar lessons next summer
sign Bryan up for SWIMMING lessons this fall and next summer
plan to make plans for ways to waste our summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment