Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Observations and Epiphanies

So, when my son gets hurt I kiss him and tell him I'm sorry he got hurt. He responds by asking why I'm apologizing when it's his fault. What the hell? It dawned on me that I didn't have the answer and it made me look at myself? Crazy. Some would say I'm over thinking this (as usual) but it got me thinking.

Eh, he's six what the hell does he know?!

I have to tell this story...it made my day in a creepy way. One of the gals on Puma staff told me that someone was gushing about me. It was nice to hear that, but on some level you want people to think nice things about you not share them with other staff. I don't know if this makes sense, but when she told me that I had an admirer I was bothered that someone saying things that I wouldn't want to hear first-hand. Anyway, she didn't tell me who it was and I don't want to know who it is because it's just weird and this way I don't have to worry about feeling awkward with the staff. I found out that I've been complimented...that's good enough. No?

No comments:

Post a Comment