Monday, December 28, 2009

Fresh Page

I've decided that my blog needed a new look. The bird and stuff is a little cutesy so we'll see how long it is before I get sick of looking at the pears and pink...but I need to rearrange my blog furniture so to speak...
So, I know that I'm not a pro at making cards, but I decided to post photos of my cards. I'm a hoarder when it comes to the cards that I make @ club and all they do is sit in my card box waiting for a moment of desperation when I need a birthday or thank you card in about 5 seconds and I don't have the time or energy to make a new card. Otherwise, I won't give them away...it's like I made it..it's mine...it ceases to exist if I give it away...bad logic - I know.

The impetus for this idea came from two sources. The first was Ms. Coil noting how on this one site which has free vintage clip art, this lady has professional photographs of her cards, AND we both agreed they're JUST cards. The second thing that happened over the holidays was my nephew's Christmas gift to my parents. The boys bought them a digital frame. Of course my parents handed it to me and asked me to set it up. Marc would've done it but we're the one-kid family and our world revolves around the little family and so in our singularity we have lots of photos. Yes, we have photos of OTHER people (but that's only if they happen to get in the shot of Bryan). No, just kidding. We have photos of Zach's little Mikaila too (so girly!). So, it fell upon me to upload photos. It wasn't hard per se, but it was a daunting task. It's one of those deals were you load it and hope like hell it works when you plug it back in because you never want to go through the whole ordeal a second time.
Adding photos will be easy but the first download was time consuming. While I was watching all of these photos scrolling across the screen, that's when I thought of my blog and visiting my cards.

I wanted to put my cards in my own frame. The next thing that dawned on me...I didn't create ANY of these cards. These are NOT my ideas and I can't take credit for the ideas. These are ideas that I saw/copied from the pages of Take Ten magazine, Split Coast Stampers, or Late Night Stampers, and a few that I outright stole from Ms. Coil :)!
Anyway, I'm going to post my cards to my blog page from now on. I don't have the professional camera equipment but don't tempt me. As I have time and ENERGY I'll post cards. I'm experimenting for now. Hey, it's Christmas break and this may be a one time shot, but here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment