Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My son the BRAT

I have a story that I had to share with you…
This morning, I realized what A LITTLE SH** my son has become. Today at B.’s school is Grandparent’s Day. Nana/Papa go to a morning mass with him then they go and watch a little play and they sing Thanksgiving songs etc. and then they give the kids an early release for Thanksgiving Break. So, this morning on the way to school, I call mom and dad to make sure they’re on their way. Bryan hears the conversation and asks are Nana/Papa going to school? I tell him yes, and he needs to look for them so he can sit with them at church. He says- but I want to sit with my friends. I start to get upset and tell him that Nana/Papa come to sit with you once a year. Plus, your friends don’t love you, but they do, so BE NICE and sit with them. He says what if I don’t see them? I told him to look for them. (there was my first flag)…so, we get to the drop off at school and I tell him, I love you. He says NOTHING in response. I YELL – I LOVE YOU! HE SAYS NOTHING!! I’m like WHY YOU LITTLE BRAT. So, I go around the front and park. I walk into the church and I see my parents. They’re talking to some of the other parents – chit chatting…
I tell my Dad that you can sit with Bryan – he says that’s OK. We can sit in the back, and mom says, No, I’d like to sit with Bryan. So, Dad says what are we supposed to do and one of the parents jumps in and says you just walk in with them and slide in next to your kid…and at that moment her kid comes walking in and she jumps in the line with the kids and goes into the church….
So, here comes Bryan walking down the hall with the other first graders – shirt un-tucked, of course. I tell Dad – make him tuck in his shirt. Dad says, he won’t listen to me. I’m like…MAKE him do it.
So, I see Bryan and he SEES me and starts casually walking behind his friend Kyle. Then as they get closer he starts to walk behind some other adult (teacher, I think) and tries to sneak past us. I realize at that moment that he’s TRYING TO FREAKING’ DODGE US. Ooh, he’s lucky he was in church…I was so mad that I just wanted to yank him up at that moment. I had to get to work, so I left and called David on my way out of the parking lot. I tell David what happened and he just started laughing. He said, I could see you doing that at his age. Ooh, I’m still steaming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment