Monday, August 3, 2009

Birthdays

Today, I had a V-8 slap my head moment. Why did I sign my son up for group lessons? This kid isn't learning anything...in fact...I would argue that he's moving backwards. We went swimming with Kyle - B's best friend - and he had a good time. He wouldn't go under the water but he got more into it as time went on and that's when it hit me. He won't do things in a group, but I think he'd try if it was a one on one situation. All I know is I need to remind myself when summer rolls around next year and look for individual lessons. The group thing is for the birds. What else. I'm not ready for summer to end. I could use another week. I have a lot of stuff I want to do with B. and there's just never enough time..ah well.

So yesterday was my 40th birthday. It was quiet and we did nothing and that's what I wanted.
Oh, and it was also my 12th wedding anniversary. After 12 years together, my husband finally gets it. I don't want to do anything, go anywhere, or be responsible in any way.


I really need to get crackin' on next year's plans. It's going to be a whole new schedule for me next year. I don't have journalism and I think I have all different groups of kids. For all I know the schedule could change again by the time school starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment